For Los Angeles
Superior Court Judge
IF ELECTED, I will use my 23 years of experience across the criminal and civil court systems to bring valuable perspective to the bench.
I have been a criminal prosecutor for over twelve years and worked as a criminal defense attorney and civil litigator at one of the largest and most respected law firms in the nation for over ten years, Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Very few candidates have that breadth of legal experience. In recognition of my work, I earned a position as a Partner of the law firm. My time at this international law firm provided me with a unique and rare range of experience, perspective and insight into all aspects of the operation of both the criminal and civil courts.
I believe that a judge should not legislate from the bench, nor let politics or bias influence judicial decision making. Judges enforce the law and must respect the constitution, regardless of their personal opinions.
Come November 6th I ask for your support and vote.
Unmatched Experience and Credentials
· Unique, extensive, and exceptionally broad-based legal and “real world” experience
· Senior criminal prosecutor with over a decade of experience in court every day
· Endorsed from across the political spectrum and respected for her fairness, work ethic and integrity
· Prosecuted thousands of cases, including serious violent crimes and sexual assaults
· Former Partner at prestigious international law firm where she gained extensive and varied complex civil litigation experience
· Trial advocacy instructor, mentor, teacher, community volunteer, and advocate for the underprivileged
· Outstanding educational achievements
· Self-made career woman and devoted mother
What They're Saying About Sydne Jane
"Michel is a seasoned Redondo Beach prosecutor who has the presence to command a courtroom while still respecting the lawyers appearing before her. She is a better choice than [the other candidate for judicial office No. 16]"
- Los Angeles Times, Judicial Endorsements, May 12, 2018
"Sydne Michel will be a true asset to the bench. Based upon her extensive experience as a civil attorney and prosecutor, I am proud to endorse her and to give her my vote."
- Hon. Steve Cooley - Former District Attorney for Los Angeles County
“Redondo Beach Senior Deputy Prosector Sydne Jane Michel stands out in this race. Intelligent, poised, and straight-to-the-point, she would excel as a judge.”
- Metropolitan News-Enterprise, Los Angeles, May 16, 2018
“Sydne Jane Michel respects the rule of law and the constitution, and understands the need to be fair but tough on violent criminals. She will help keep our streets safer. ”
- Los Angeles Police Protective League
Join the team.
August 22, 2018
Meet and Greet With Synde Jane Michel
6:00pm - 8:00pm
Samba Brazilian Steakhouse
207 N. Harbor Drive
Redondo Beach CA
249 E. Ocean Blvd. Suite 685
Long Beach, CA 90802